TELEHOUSE Magny-Les-Hameaux is located on a six hectare former secure military facility just 40 minutes from Paris, consisting of 9 buildings connected by underground tunnels. The 66,000 m2 center offers outstanding infrastructure to meet all client needs.
TELEHOUSE Magny-Les-Hameaux offers high security, secure electrical power supply, connectivity, 99.999% reliability, a state-of-the-art data storage platform and virtual servers to create custom information services. Corporate clients, service providers and telecom operators will benefit from the freedom Magny has to offer.
- Like all TELEHOUSE data centers, the Magny site benefits from electrical redundancy thanks to two incoming 15MW lines each from a separate power grid substation in order to reduce the risk of power cuts to a strict minimum.
- These two main power lines are backed up by 2,000-kVA generator sets (eventually eight in all) deployed in N+1 configuration. These units can provide up to 72 hours back up continuously, due to four 60,000-litre fuel tanks buried under the site. In addition, a bank of four 800kVA inverters in N+1 configuration can ensure thirty minutes of autonomy for the rooms in specified areas.
- In the colocation areas, the basic electrical infrastructure is N+1 configuration, expandable to 2x(N+1) on demand. Average power provided is 2kVA, and up to 6kVA (or more on request) can be supplied per rack. Finally, each dedicated room is equipped with a power distribution unit with an average of ten 220V/16A circuit breakers for connecting equipment.
- Battery capacity at 30 minutes, fully charged.
- Telecoms infrastructure and services:
- Like other TELEHOUSE sites, Magny-Les-Hameaux will be home to several dozen telecoms operators, offering customers a wide choice of partners. TELEHOUSE Magny is directly connected to TELEHOUSE’s two other French sites as well as to parent company KDDI’s global backbone network. Multinational companies thus benefit from very high bandwidth connection with their different IT production sites, enhancing information flow and boosting productivity.
- Magny-Voltaire Interlink:
this is a managed Ethernet (level 2 OSI) point-to-point connection service between TELEHOUSE’s Magny-les-Hameaux and Voltaire sites. It enables interconnection of customer LANs at speeds of 10Mbps to 10Gbps.
- Internet access:
at Magny, like at our other sites, turnkey internet access is available with capacity from 2 to 100Mbps
- Three different fiber access points provide physically secure fiber operator connection. Furthermore, the position of interlaced telecoms cables beneath data center rooms ensure heightened security.
- Air Conditioning and Cooling:
- Data center rooms are cooled on a ‘hot aisles’ and ‘cold aisles’ basis in order to optimize air circulation and improve heat discharge while using the air conditioning system as efficiently as possible. In addition, a floor void of 80cm ensures air circulation is 10% more efficient
- Magny has redundancy at N+2 ice water production for room cooling
- Additional Specifications:
- Fire Suppression System: Category A fire detection system with nitrogen extinguishers
- Temp & Humidity: Room temp: 24ºC ± 2ºC, Humidity: 50% ± 10%
- Water leakage detection: Digital water detection and location system
- Office Space/Meeting rooms: Rental of premium offices, completely furnished with telephone access and meeting rooms
- Ceiling height of 3.2m
- Flooring: 800mm min raised floor, with durable floor loading of 600kg/sqm to 2T/sqm
- Parking provided to visitors and customers
Because Information technology consumes so much energy, its impact on the environment is far from negligible. This is why TELEHOUSE designed the Magny site to reduce its carbon footprint as much as possible. Various projects are under development, such as improving the energy efficiency of the equipment installed on our premises, watering onsite plants using recycled rainwater, and reusing the heat given off by the equipment to heat the buildings. Increasing the height of the false flooring, which saves up to 10% on air conditioning, is also a step in the right direction. As is TELEHOUSE’s virtualization service, since a data center which shares resources is more environmentally friendly than the dozens (if not hundreds) of private data centers which it can replace.
- Business Continuity Services:
TELEHOUSE has developed a range of solutions to safeguard the continuity of your IT services and the security of your data. TELEHOUSE uses several platforms based in its data centers to provide a private “cloud”, accessible in infrastructure as a service (IaaS) mode, which offers protection against hardware faults, preserves your critical IT data and provides guaranteed recovery in the event of a disaster.
Data volumes are constantly expanding. Information systems are becoming ever more complex and the need for security is growing. We offer expert teams, high-performance data centers and a latest generation technology environment, making TELEHOUSE the one-stop shop for all your data processing and availability needs, regardless of the nature, volume and criticality of your data. Dedicated, “on demand” servers, offering high-performance, secure hosting that adapts to your needs.
In the face of growing regulation, industry requirements and business necessities, IT service availability is a major concern for today’s companies. TELEHOUSE offers reliable, cost effective services to help companies overcome this new challenge with: A turnkey recovery plan for full, effective protection of all your IT infrastructures.
- Full availability
- Fully managed